Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 -- the year of the book

It has once again been 2 years since I have visited this blog. I'm not really sure why I tend to crave writing and then detest writing.  One constant in my life has been books.. well written books, poorly written books, life changing books, time wasted books.. I have decided to participate in 3 reading challenges this year to broaden my reading. I decided I wanted to record those challenges here. Feel free to tag along in my exploration of books...



This is the first challenge that I decided I would complete in 2015. I have been searching for just the right book for each task. The tasks are as follows: 

A book written by someone when they were under the age of 25
A book written by someone when they were over the age of 65
collection of short stories (either by one person or an anthology by many people)
A book published by an indie press
A book by or about someone that identifies as LGBTQ
A book by a person whose gender is different from your own
A book that takes place in Asia
A book by an author from Africa
A book that is by or about someone from an indigenous culture (Native Americans,Aboriginals, etc.)
YA novel
A book that is a retelling of a classic story (fairytale, Shakespearian play, classic novel, etc.)
A collection of poetry
A book that someone else has recommended to you
A book that was originally published in another language
A graphic novel, a graphic memoir or a collection of comics of any kind (Hi, have you metPanels?)
A book that you would consider a guilty pleasure (Read, and then realize that good entertainment is nothing to feel guilty over)
A book published before 1850
A book published this year
self-improvement book (can be traditionally or non-traditionally considered “self-improvement”)
Definitely a challenge, eh?

 
For some reason I have always loved all things "road trip" and this challenge allows me to read books set in all 50 states.  EXCITED! 

The third challenge is the easiest I think. PopSugar's Ultimate Reading Challenge. 

Let the reading begin! 


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Reading Road Trip Challenge Terri! I'm so excited to get started as well :D
    I've seen lots of people wanting to do the popsugar challenge. Good luck on all your challenges (:

    ReplyDelete