Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Road Trip Reading Challenge: Wisconsin, A Theory of Relativity by Jacquelyn Mitchard

I finished my first book of the year this morning. I am going to check it off my Road Trip Reading Challenge list for Wisconsin.
A Theory of Relativity by Jacquelyn Mitchard


A friend hd given me the book and I didn't realize until I picked it up to start reading last night that it is by the same author that wrote Deep End of The Ocean, one of the few books I re-read when the mood strikes.

This book is deep... like Jodi Picoult deep. The root of the story is adoption and what that truly means. ***SPOLIER ALERT***
When Gordon's sister and her husband die leaving behind their infant daughter, it is automatically assumed that, as the will suggests, Gordon will adopt and raise sweet Keefer. At the funeral Gordon is informed by an acquaintance that the will is being being challenged by Keefer's paternal grandparents. Unknown to Gordon and his side of the family, Georgia and Ray, Keefer's parents, had an appointment with a lawyer to draw up a new will. The battle begins over young Keefer. This battle isn't just over a little girl.. it is a look into the laws which seem to state that blood relatives have a greater legal right than adopted relatives. I haven't done a great job explaining this book but it is a good read which makes the reader examine his/her underlying thoughts on "relativity".

My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment